- Purchases finished goods inventory for several co-packers. Monitors and writes purchase orders to maintain ingredients, packaging, new items and shipments. Pulls adjustments from WMS system, confirm quantities and complete adjustment. Receives and processes product into Assist system; verifies the paperwork corresponds with the open PO’s, lot codes, and quantities in WMS system.
- Creates and distributes departmental reports; Out of Stock reports, Packaging Plans, Production Plans and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Completes purchasing plan, receives product and writes PO’s as needed
- Provides backup for printing and sending POs
- Responsible for working directly with Finance department to correct receivers and match up invoices to receipts.
- Works with Manager, Supply Chain and Demand Planning to deliver cost savings and improvement programs and opportunities
- Weekly communications with co-packers; resolving supply chain challenges
- Manages key initiative reports for the purchasing department as assigned.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required
- Attends department/cross-functional meetings
- Knowledge of SCM and distribution environments
- Knowledge of general business operations and customer service
- Knowledge of purchasing, negotiating, principles and concepts
- Knowledge of Anaplan (demand forecasting software) a plus
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business math skills
- Advanced Excel Skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive strong networking with suppliers
Education Bachelor’s degree from four year college required; Supply Chain or another related discipline preferred.
Experience 1 year of experience in purchasing experience preferred. Experience in consumer products / manufacturing environment a plus.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status