We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager responsible for managing food safety and quality at the corporate level by building strong relationships and accountabilities for our contract-manufacturing partners and their suppliers. The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager will manage the oversight of contract manufacturers and raw material suppliers to ensure that a safe, quality finished product is consistently produced.
- Manages multiple contract manufacturers (8-12) in order to ensure high quality and safe products; continuously strives to improve the contract manufacturers Quality Scorecard
- Drives food safety best practices that are aligned with our Atkins Supplier Expectation Manual within each contract manufacturer and/or supplier
- Conducts food safety and quality audits of existing and/or new co-manufacturers and/or suppliers based upon risk level
- Manages food safety and quality audit corrective actions and preventive measures; attends and monitors plant trials, first production runs or other production runs as needed
- Assists co-manufacturers with troubleshooting food safety and/or quality issues
- Manages quality incidents that may adversely affect food safety and/or quality through the Quality Incident Report (QIR) process
- Manage updates to co-manufacture scorecards on a monthly basis
- Monitors consumer complaints and assists with improvement initiatives to reduce consumer complaint trends
- Manages contract manufacturers’ supplier approval program in order to institute best practices across the network. An existing supplier risk assessment program is in place and ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement is expected.
- Participates in the contract manufacturer and supplier approval process
- Manages qualification of new raw materials by thorough review of food safety documentation submitted by each supplier. Communicates relevant concerns to appropriate cross-functional departments and contract manufacturers.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of corporate level food safety and quality programs, policies, and/or procedures
- Acts as backup for the quality department’s positive release programs when required
- Assists with evaluation of finished product retention samples and new productions samples as necessary
- Act as the backup to the Sr. Manager Food Safety/Quality to assist with the Atkins Traceability/Recall Plan and leads periodic mini-trace exercises in preparation for the annual mock recall.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and assignments as required
- Participate in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings as required
- Knowledge of food safety and quality systems: PCQI, FSVP, HACCP, GMP’s, Sanitation, PEM, Allergen Program, Food Defense, etc. PCQI Training strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Audit Schemes
- General knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations
- Self- motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt to the changing and growing needs of the Quality department and/or the company
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Ability to track and synthesize information coming in from various sources
- Must be willing to travel - up to 25%
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college in related fields required with a major in Food Science, biology, microbiology or equivalent science field. PCQI and GFSI (SQF specifically), certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience working in a food-manufacturing and corporate environment is preferred. Experience performing food safety/ quality audits, process control verification and validation, and documentation review is also required. The ideal candidate will have single site experience and be ready to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple quality and food safety activities across a network of contract manufacturers producing a variety of finished products.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.