We are currently seeking a Logistics Specialist responsible for identifying underperforming areas in the Atkins Nutritionals supply chain and suggests improvements or resolutions to problems. The Logistics Specialist will accomplish Fulfillment, Inventory Control, Data Management, and Supply Chain Planning goals by researching data and conducting analysis with the goal of improving the organization's supply chain operations.
- Assesses, clarifies, and validates ANI customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Responsible for order accuracy; ensuring the right products are ordered; prices, deals and allowances are correct; the correct method of shipment is applied to the order, and adequate lead-time is given to ensure on-time delivery to the Account.
- Addresses issues such as invoice errors, purchase order errors, customer complaints and critical communication in a timely manner; prioritizing according to deadline.
- Ensures alignment with fulfillment, purchasing/planning, transportation providers & distributors to deliver superior service in executing daily/weekly/monthly shipment volume.
- Works to develop and monitor key metrics & optimize account Inventory, including DC/Store On Hand Inventory, DC Service levels; and On-time Fill Rates.
- Meets assigned targets for fill rates, scorecard results, and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Assists in managing freight spend for domestic and international transportation thru analytics and that result in the development of initiatives reducing cost, improving transit time, improving order fulfillment, and increasing overall customer satisfaction.
- Investigates and resolves issues resulting in penalties and fines due to transportation and inventory compliance requirements.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Participates and leads special projects and assignments as required.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
- Represents a knowledgeable and proficient image by handling business in a respectful and professional demeanor.
- Provides backup to the VMI Analysts and Account Managers.
- Knowledge of fulfillment and supply chain planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interfaces).
- Knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management Systems).
- Knowledge of Inventory Replenishment Principles.
- Knowledge of transportation, shipping methods and logistics.
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact.
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; Highly proficient is MS Excel.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to track and synthesize information coming in from various sources.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college in related field and/or 5+ years in Business, Supply Chain, Operations or equivalent work experience required. Transportation, warehouse management, inventory management and/or Vendor Managed Inventory experience desired.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years supply chain experience providing customer service, transportation analysis and inventory management in a professional setting. Experience in consumer products industry; SQL, WMS and/or AS400 a plus
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.