We are currently seeking a Category Manager will act as an unbiased member of the Walmart Category Advisory team, identifying and addressing business opportunities in the Weight Management Category. This person will develop and analyze category information in regard to distribution, merchandising, assortment, shelving, pricing, trends, rankings, and forecasts by brand, item, etc. The Category Manager will be responsible for sharing key shopper insights gathered through multiple data sources, to help support Walmart's business strategies & tactics. Secure optimal shelving conditions and achieve "Trusted Advisor" status at Walmart through measurable category improvement. The ultimate goal is to drive sales for the customer and exceed Walmart's expectations for growth.
- Ensure that customer, shopper, consumer, and internal information are used to improve overall category performance and results
- With Walmart Category Management Team, own development and execution of modular planning process
- Expert with JDA Prospace software to assist in developing Walmart modulars
- Analyze Walmart modulars and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency/effectiveness
- Assist in developing thought leadership to help drive "Best in Class" practices
- Assist Walmart Category Management Team in identifying consumer and market opportunities
- Analyze Walmart business using multiple data sources such as Retail Link, syndicated POS and panel data, shopper card, Proprietary research data, MarketTrack, Spectra etc.
- Develop analysis that will be leveraged to help grow Walmart's business
- Develop skills to analyze information from multiple data sources/departments
- Develop solutions with respect to product distribution, promotion, pricing, and shelving conditions
- Prepare clear and concise business reviews that deliver executable insights to Walmart
- Participate in various training activities to enhance job performance and personal growth
- Participate in buyer meetings that include:
- Modular Relay strategy planning
- Consumer insights sharing
- Business Reviews and Planning sessions
- Assortment Discipline
- Complete/attend all necessary information & technology training
- Assist other functional areas to develop business opportunities and provide information to Walmart
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Participates and leads special projects and assignments as required.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings
- Strong customer facing, interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker who can use solid business acumen to proactively advise client and develop strategy
- Self-starter – Motivated and driven with a passion for taking the business to the next level. Demonstrate high level of independence and self-motivation. Take initiative and show resourcefulness while working in an independent, yet flexible team environment
- Communication Skills – Demonstrate ability to present complex and detailed information to multiple audiences with different knowledge levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity
- Advanced technical ability in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to create and present presentations to corporate and customer
- Advanced technical ability in Walmart Retail Link, Nielsen, IRI, NPD, and Market Track data.
- Strong category management and shopper insight knowledge across multiple markets and accounts.
- Knowledge of general business, marketing, and advertising principles
- Must be willing to travel - up to 30%
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four year college in related fields required; Business Administration, Marketing, Finance. MBA strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years related experience in a category management role. 2 years planning and executing modular relays on Advisory team. High level of experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data: (Nielsen/IRI, retailer and shopper data) and secondary data to build actionable insights. High proficiency with space planning software, ideally JDA.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status