We are currently seeking an HR professional to join our dynamic and growing company in a newly created role in our small HR department. The desired candidate will be a "Generalist of the HR Specialties" and will enjoy working with employees as well as data and systems. This is a great time to join the Company and our HR department; we are rapidly evolving and looking to add new skills, knowledge and abilities to our team.
The Total Rewards Specialist has primary responsibility for the administration of the processes related to payroll, benefits and stock compensation. Note: higher level Stock compensation, as well as general & executive compensation, duties could be added if person has appropriate skills/knowledge/abilities and/or is a growth opportunity for motivated individual.
- Payroll: executes the processing of semi-monthly payroll for 100+ exempt and non-exempt employees in the U.S., ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and local laws and requirements. Periodic interaction with international counterparts as it relates to providing consolidated payroll reporting/information.
- Benefits Administration: plan development, plan enrollment/termination, annual open enrollment meetings, education, COBRA, cost management and vendor invoice reconciliation. Provides benefit guidance directly to associates as appropriate, file Form 5500’s.
- Responsible for the Stock compensation administration (in ETRADE) as it relates to all relevant equity and taxation processing functions and makes sure the activities are appropriately recorded in Payroll records.
- 401k Plan Administration; enrollment, contribution processing, distributions, hardship loans, coordinates employee educational meetings.
- Leave Administration: documents, monitors and administers employee leave programs: LOA, STD, LTD and PTO.
- Administers Workmen’s compensation.
- Facilitates new hire on-boarding process and benefits orientation and enrollment for all new/eligible employees. Including setting up on-boarding processes such as: sexual harassment training, employee handbook review, and other public company required information; e.g. Insider Trading policy, Code of Ethics.
- Provides Audit support and Financial reporting support as required; including, but not limited to the following examples: Financial Audits, SOX audits,401k audits, DOL and other audits; salary & compensation inputs to support preparation of CD&A; prepares and submits EEO-1 reporting.
- Creates and Maintains personnel files according to record keeping policies and legal requirements.
- Regularly monitors changes in laws and regulations and ensures HR policies, processes and programs comply with federal & state and local laws, as well as Atkins Nutritionals’ policies, goals and objectives. Recommends changes or enhancements to policies and procedures as required.
- Responsible for coordination with members of International teams and communication to such teams in the areas assigned responsibility.
- Responsible for preparing payroll data inputs to facilitate the Annual HR/Corporate Budget as well as the Company-wide (US) labor budget.
- Participates in a variety of other HR departmental tasks as assigned; e.g. assisting with the coordinating of employee engagement events, doing verifications of employment, processing new hire background checks, unemployment claims, updating organizational charts, facilities support, etc.
General knowledge of broad range of HR related topics.
Broad knowledge of principles and procedures for payroll, payroll taxes, benefits administration, stock compensation administration, payroll/ HR information systems, leave management, workmen’s compensation, and regulatory and compliance related matters.
General Knowledge of Public Company reporting and compliance requirements
Is current in knowledge of Employment & Labor laws and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable working with employees at all levels
- Demonstrate effective and independent judgment when complex situations arise; bringing escalated matters to the attention of supervisor when appropriate
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Business math skills and solid understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership
- Ability to interact effectively with the company Executive Team and Line Managers
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to executives, managers and employees
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment
- Ability to manage time, prioritize work and own multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to perform in a discreet manner with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and put into action
BS/BA in Human Resources or business related degree, or equivalent, from an accredited institution. PHR preferred; relevant payroll, benefits certifications strongly preferred (CEBS, CPP)
Minimum 5-7 years directly related payroll, benefits, and leave management experience.
Additional HR Generalist experience a plus.
Must have extensive prior experience managing Payroll systems (ADP preferred).
Prior experience with Equity/Stock Compensation related payroll and administration activities including experience working within a stock compensation administration system (ETRADE/EEO preferred)
Must have prior experience administering Health, Welfare, Retirement, Leave, and other related programs, to include, but not limited to: 401k, Medical/Dental, Vision, COBRA, FMLA, STD/LTD, PTO, Workman’s Comp
Prior experience operating within a public company and SOX compliant environment, strongly preferred.
Prior experience in M&A due diligence and post transaction integration experience a plus.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.