We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance and Food Safety Analyst to perform Food Safety and Quality focused trend analysis, comprehensive reporting along with overall supply chain risk analysis and data management related to contract manufacturers, raw materials and their suppliers, documentation and change management.
- Assemble monthly contract manufacturer scorecards that contain data associated with complaints, Quality Incident Reports, COAs, facility assessments and Participate in monthly reviews with each location.
- Review all food safety and quality related documentation for raw materials and contract manufacturers to ensure compliance with corporate, state, federal and international regulations and provide recommendations to the FS/QA Manager for the risk assessments.
- Manage risk assessment documentation and research of new and existing raw materials and their suppliers that supports improvement within ANI and contract manufacturers’ supplier verification programs, CPM performance and the raw material suppliers' food safety and quality programs.
- Compile and present quarterly raw material supplier scorecards and ensure effective communication to the Quality, Operations and R&D leadership.
- Correlate and analyze broad and sometimes varying data sets to determine potential and logical trends then, present them in comprehensive reports that may include but are not limited to root cause analyses and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Maintain data supplied by a cross-functional team to support the corporate change management process. Proactively recommend changes based on current trends and the needs of the cross-functional team.
- Maintain an understanding of food industry and academic trends linked to the risks associated with each raw material.
- Participate in Quality and Food Safety projects as assigned
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
- Act as a back up to compliance position and perform product releases, traceability exercises, and QIR oversight as required
- Participate in product cuttings to maintain a solid working knowledge of the product portfolio
- Support onsite co-man/supplier/warehouse visits as needed
- Strong knowledge of FDA, USDA, and other Federal and State Regulatory compliance
- Strong knowledge of food safety and quality processes and standards
- Must understand FSMA, HACCP and GMP
- Familiar with monitoring contract manufacturing performance
- Working knowledge of safety & quality compliance tool (TraQtion)
- Working knowledge of CPG Supply Chain and Logistics
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to make an impact
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take random data sets, determine patterns, trends and areas for concerns, and present the findings in a concise and clear manner.
- Strong ability to audit records and ensure compliance
- Must be willing to travel - up to 25%
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college in related fields required; Food Science or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years’ experience in the food industry responsible for monitoring and analyzing in-process material/product/package controls, process verification, ingredient and supplier risk assessments and documentation control.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.