We are seeking a Business Development Manager responsible for maximizing sales and distribution of Atkins Nutritional Products; managing a specific sales territory and duties of the broker manager team and distribution network to support that business. Maintains existing accounts to attain annual quota and company goals. BDM is responsible for analyzing the POS and shipment performance, ROI, and budgetary constraints when developing growth strategies. Also participates and contributes in strategic decision making to plan and manage targeted marketing/sales programs for customers in territory. Travel for trade shows, account calls, and market visits.
This position may be located in Denver, Phoenix, Dallas/Forth Worth, Las Vegas, Salt Lake or must be in close proximity to a major airport. Required amount of Travel 75%.
*January 31, 2018 targeted start date.
- Responsible for developing/growing all accounts in territory; developing customer relationships.
- Responsible for developing and managing existing business–selling in incremental SKU placements/displays.
- Responsible for driving the strategy, execution and performance to meet company goals and specific territory defined objectives.
- Implement/execute/monitor promotional planning and forecasting.
- Manages broker team; plans new account calls, current issues/concerns.
- Directs sales brokers, prepares and executes retail chain buyer calls.
- Monitor and manages trade spending and sales forecasting on a weekly basis to budget.
- Travels for trade shows, meetings, and market visits.
- Communicates effectively all information relative to brands to territory accounts, brokers, and distributors.
- Develops forecasts to support area business and promotional programs.
- Facilitates and executes all operational changes that impact customers.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
- Strong knowledge of consumer packaged goods sales at headquarter selling and with retail execution, as well as sales analysis, and business planning
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices
- Knowledge of competition, product markets and general trends in marketplace
- Downstream management of wholesalers, distributors, and customers
- Strong knowledge of 4 P’s of marketing
- Knowledge in Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to successfully lead teams and demonstrate leadership abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four year college in related fields required; Business Administration, Marketing, Finance.
Experience: 3-5+ years CPG and sales experience with knowledge of premium retail structures, buying patterns and related business development processes.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.