We are currently seeking a Senior Demand Planner responsible for overseeing forecasting with key ANI customers. The Senior Demand Planner develops and maintains forecast models for these customers by coordinating forecast and promotional information gathered from sales, marketing, and other sources (i.e.: Other syndicated consumer data). The Senior Demand Planner is the point person for the sales and purchasing departments. This position will lead monthly forecast and product reviews with Sales and Marketing for respective accounts.
The Senior Demand Planner is also responsible for the management of orders from generation through customer delivery; maintaining inventory levels and providing customer service and support to large supply chain service companies.
- Reviews and manages forecasts on a routine basis. Uses POS data, current trends, as well as historical demands to verify forecast accuracy for both turn and promotional volume
- Analyzes customer demand trends to help drive production planning and product deployment across the Atkins distribution network.
- Analyzes and updates forecasts to plan delivery of products to maximize inventory turns and service levels.
- Responsible for validating all promotions, distributions, new and discontinued items.
- Communicates forecast variances and customer discontinuations.
- Manages orders for Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) accounts via Prescient software while maintaining 98% service level.
- Analyzes VMI account WOS quantity needs vs. available inventory; when necessary, allocates and distributes available limited inventory across distribution centers.
- Maximizes truckloads to increase efficiency and reduce transportation costs. Responsible for coordinating and communicating all shipment details to warehouse personnel and carriers.
- Works cross functionally to monitor the performance of third party freight carriers and warehousing service providers to meet customer Supply Chain objectives.
- Identifies and resolves miscellaneous issues relating to VMI orders including replenishment issues, shipment issues, space management issues, and product movement and billing.
- Provides metric reports and data analysis to Management team and warehouse personnel.
- Maintains customer scorecard information to monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and provide the root cause and corrective action when goals are not met.
- Builds strong partnerships with customers by adhering to customer driven initiatives while identifying process improvement opportunities to benefit both the customer and Atkins.
Other Responsibilities / Duties
- Act as backup for B2B Account Managers and VMI Analyst when required. Resolves miscellaneous issues relating to orders; out of stock items, timely shipments, re-ships and receipts.
- Participates and leads special projects and assignments as required.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of database and data management and data interpretation
- Excellent Knowledge of planning, operations and merchandising
- Excellent Knowledge of Inventory Replenishment Principles
- Knowledge of Vendor Managed Inventory process
- Knowledge of transportation, shipping methods and logistics
- Knowledge of Prescient software preferred.
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills to develop and support action plans for achieving customer goals
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to track and synthesize information coming in from various sources
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year College in related field preferred; Business, Supply Chain, Operations or equivalent work experience considered.
Experience: 3-5 year’s supply chain experience providing customer service / order fulfillment in a professional setting. Experience in consumer products industry preferred. Vendor Managed Inventory experience highly desired.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.